First round of #OneGM Grants announced with £43,848 given out to 46 community groups
17 September 2021
The #OneGM funds were generously raised by the Greater Manchester public in response to the covid crisis.
The £100,000 fund will be distributed by Greater Manchester Mayor’s Charity and Forever Manchester who are working in partnership with the aim of reaching 100 organisations.
The first round of grants are being distributed with a total of £43,848 given out, supporting 46 charities, community groups and organisations across the city region, with all 10 boroughs represented.
The successful applicants reflected the diversity of the city region and ranged from BAME youth, LGBT social support, disabled young adults and 'mature movers'.
The funding supported the areas of food poverty, homelessness and mental health with groups ranging from food banks, community cooking, counselling as well as a six-week creative arts forest school programme for children affected by homelessness.
The second round of applications are now open with awards of up to £1,000 up for grabs with a deadline of midday on Friday 22 October 2021.
For more information on the criteria and to apply visit - One GM Community Fund | Forever Manchester.
Full list of grant recipients – Round 1
- Greater Manchester LGBT Social Support Network
- Bolton Mandhata Youth
- New Bury Vision
- Reflections Counselling Service
- Talk Changes
- The Great Lever and Farnworth Voice
- The Horwich & District Hub
- Tonge Moor Men In Sheds
- NCA-Northwest CIC
- Victoria Community & Youth Centre
- Active Youths Foundation
- Active Youth Zone
- Bee Squad
- Church of fire, faith and salvation ministry
- Edo Diaspora UK CIC
- FAMILY UNIT TRUST
- Quids In Burnage East
- Trafford Handball Club
- Beech Court Tenants and Residents Association
- Believe Trust Strive CIC
- Foundation Mama Christine Mongi
- KINGS SQUARE LIBRARY
- Mature Movers
- Poison Apple Arts
- Roe Green Art Club
- The Galaxy
- Affinity Show Choir
- Headway South Manchester and Stockport
- Tusome Homework Club
- Carrbrook Community Hub
- Forever Green Community Group
- George's Kitchen
- Smallshaw Hurst Community Action Group
- The Mountain of the Lord's House
- 7th Davyhulme Brownies
- Community Skills Workshop CIC
- Crossroads Carers Support Group
- Daffodils Dreams CIC
- Happy Smiles Blog CIC