Like most websites we use ‘cookies’ to collect anonymous statistics about how people use the site, and to help us keep it relevant for the user. Cookies ‘remember’ bits of information from your visit to the site.
A cookie is a simple text file that’s stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Only that server can retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. So if we put a cookie on your computer, it can’t be read by any other website.
We use two types of cookie:
- ‘session cookies’ last as long as your current visit to the site, or for up to a limited amount of time if you keep the site open without using it. They mean you don’t have to keep re-submitting information as you move through the site.
- ‘persistent cookies’ remember information from previous visits, for example names and details. They are used to collect anonymous statistics about how many people use the site, and to maintain any settings (such as accessibility) you have changed.
To improve our service we collect anonymous web statistics using programmes called Google Analytics.
They store several cookies on users’ computers or mobiles devices to tell us how many people have visited each web page, how they got there, and where they navigated to from there. The data collected is completely anonymous and does not store any personal details.
Changing your cookie settings
You can change your computer settings at any time to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies. How you do this depends on your web browser. Find out more at https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Our Site Cookies
- CookieConsent : User’s cookie consent state
- __cfduid : Used by the content network, Cloudflare
- _ga : Google – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _gat : Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
- _gid : Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- collect : Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- GPS : YouTube – Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location
- IDE : YouTube – Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user
- PREF : YouTube – Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites
- test_cookie : YouTube – Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE : YouTube – Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos
- YSC : YouTube – Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen
- yt-remote-cast-installed : YouTube – Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube vide
- yt-remote-connected-devices : YouTube – Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-device-id : YouTube – Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube vide
- yt-remote-fast-check-period : YouTube – Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube vide
- yt-remote-session-app : YouTube – Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-session-name : Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us at: The Greater Manchester Mayor's Charity, via GMCA, 1st Floor, Churchgate House, 56 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6EU.
The Greater Manchester Mayor's Charity is a charity registered in England and Wales with registered number 1180418.
Updated 25 August 2021